Online Panel Discussion: Diffuse optics and clinical ultrasound, exploring new applications
The LUCA consortium partners are pleased to announce that an online panel discussion will be held on November 12, 2020, 17.00-19.00 (CET) to enable a discussion with researchers and clinicians about the state-of-the-art and the future of the non-invasive screening and monitoring of disease with diffuse optics and medical ultrasound.
17:00 – 17:10: Introduction by Turgut Durduran, Medical Optics Group Leader ICREA Professor, ICFO (The Institute of Photonic Sciences), Spain
17:10 – 17:55: Discussion on paths for entry of new modalities in diagnostics and screening
- Mitchell Schnall, Chair of Department of Radiology, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Laura Oleaga, Chair of Department of Radiology, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Spain
- Paola Taroni, Full professor at Department of Physics, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Josep Munuera del Cerro, Head of Department. Area of Quality, Innovation and Research at the Diagnostic Imaging Department, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Déu, Spain
17:55 – 18:05: Break
18:05 – 18:50: New application areas to explore.
- Manuel Puig, Head of Endocrinology and Nutrition Service, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Spain
- Josep Tabernero, Head of Medical Oncology Department, Vall d’Hebron University Hospital, Spain & Director of Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), Spain
- Jaume Mesquida, Consultant physician, Critical Care Department, Parc Taulí Hospital Universitari, Spain
- Marco Inzitari, Director of Intermediate Care & Research, Parc Sanitari Pere Virgil, Spain
18:50 – 19:00: Closing remarks by Turgut Durduran, Medical Optics Group Leader ICREA Professor, ICFO (The Institute of Photonic Sciences), Spain
If you are interested in participating in this closed event, please get in touch.